Jan 29, 2010

The better way to start the New Year

Oh gosh, 2010 is already here, can you believe it??
I hope everyone’s new year is off to a great start!
I tried to start in the best way making something that can be considered "totally insane".
My son is so fascinated by nesting dolls. I often find him playing with a Matrioska doll that my father bought me when I was a child, hiding all kind of stuff into the dolls.
He's a sort of a little pack rat that always finds interesting things (in his opinion) in my studio's trash basket!
So, looking at the littlest Matrioska I decided to make a crocheted one, and she turned out soooo small:

Yeah, that's the top of my finger and the little doll is just 10mm tall (0.39"), I can even breath her! She's made with a 0.4mm hook, that means something as thin as a little pin, and sewing thread.
Needless to say, I had to hide her from my son's little fingers!

12 comments:

  1. I'm speachless - soooo cute, beautiful, unbeliveable

    -> grande Miracoli :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens that is small! beautiful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma dai!!!!!!!! è una meraviglia veramente.....molto meglio di come l'immaginavo ...e sei riuscita a fare anche i fiorellini così piccoli...sei davvero superbrava...Alla prossima...Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellissima !!!! Ci vediamo a Miniaturitalia ???
    ciaociao

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing and stunning ! Congratulations. You managed to put so many details on such a small doll. I love it.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! That is so amazing, I cannot imagine how you make somthing that tiny....excellent!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow so impressive!!
    I love matriochka dolls as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's amazing! It's like the lady who knitted the tiny coraline sweater for the doll in the movie! True skill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! She is just exquisite! So incredibly tiny, you are very clever!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete